Aeon Labs is promoting their new Z-Wave Multi-Sensor 6 as “one tiny device packed full of intelligence” and from what we have seen, we agree.
The tiny Aeotec Z-Wave Multi-Sensor 6 detects motion, vibration, temperature, humidity, ambient light, and UV light, and reports data back to your Z-Wave controller.
- Detects motion, vibration, temperature, humidity, ambient light, UV light
- 70% smaller than the previous Multi-Sensor model
- Z-Wave Plus certified for wide compatibility
- Improved outdoor range up to 500 feet
With Z-Wave Plus (Gen5) certification, the Multi-Sensor 6 is compatible with all major Z-Wave hubs and controllers.
- Purchase @ Home Controls: Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Multi-Sensor 6
Monitor the Room in Six Different Ways
- Motion – The Multi-Sensor 6 detects motion up to 16.4 feet away within 120 degrees, perfect for monitoring activity in any average-sized room in your home.
- Vibration – A slight vibration of the built-in seismic sensor can indicate multiple events, including tampering, intrusion, or an earthquake. If the wall shakes where the sensor is installed, for example, this could indicate movement caused in a variety of ways. Perhaps a burglar in another room has bumped into the other side of the monitored wall. Although that room has no sensor in it, the sensor on the other side will feel the vibration enough to alert you to the intrusion.
- Temperature – Maintain the perfect room temperature while conserving energy by letting the Multi-Sensor 6’s temperature sensor communicate with and trigger your other Z-Wave devices (such as a Z-Wave thermostat or motorized window coverings). Built into each Multi-Sensor is an incremental temperature sensor that accurately measures between -40° to 257°F (-40° to 125°C) and reports significant changes back to your Z-Wave controller.
- Humidity – The Multi-Sensor 6 measures the room’s humidity ranging from 0% to 100%. Like the temperature sensor, the built-in incremental humidity sensor can help you manage your home’s temperature and energy use, as well as cleanliness. If the sensor is installed in your bathroom, for example, you could trigger a Z-Wave controlled fan to turn on when the Multi-Sensor 6 detects increased humidity.
- Ambient Light – Automate your Z-Wave controlled lights with help from the Multi-Sensor 6. The built-in digital light sensor detects ambient light levels ranging from 0 lux to 1,000 lux, allowing you to program Z-Wave lights and curtains to create the perfect ambiance at any time of day.
- UV Light – By measuring ultraviolet (UV) light, the Multi-Sensor 6 allows you to monitor for unique health risks and causes of property damage. Measured inline with the World Health Organisation’s UV Index, the Multi-Sensor 6 measures a room’s UV levels so that high levels can be reduced through automated curtains, or shades. This helps prevent risks like eye damage and furniture bleaching.
“Sensor technology gets more impressive every day,” as Aeon Labs says, and the Multi-Sensor 6 is truly impressive.