Nortek Security & Control launches the first product in a new family of GoControl branded communicating thermostats – the Go Control TBZ48 Battery-Powered Z-Wave Thermostat – now available at Home Controls.
Serving as a bridge between smart controllers and a home’s heating and cooling system, the GoControl Thermostat provides intelligent, wireless remote control of all thermostatic functions.
“HVAC management represents one of the top trends in smart home control, so we’re excited to bring this solution to security dealers,” said Duane Paulson, senior vice president of product and market development, Nortek Security & Control. “The GoControl Thermostat is easy to install and compatible with new and existing home control systems, so it can be sold to a broad range of customers as a standalone solution or margin enhancing add-on to a security system.”
- Purchase @ Home Controls: Go Control Battery-Powered Z-Wave Thermostat
Installation, programming and control of GoControl Thermostats is simple. The units can be hardwired into a home using existing thermostat wires, or, in cases where there is no power, the smart thermostats can be powered by four AA batteries for two years of life.
- Works with standard and heat pump HVAC systems
- Compatible with all Z-Wave hubs, including Go!Control
- Easy to install and program (and upgrade via USB)
- Powered by batteries or “C” wire from HVAC system
- Mounts to wall or into single-gang J box
Suitable for both retrofit and new construction applications, the Go Control Battery-Powered Z-Wave Thermostat works with most modern HVAC systems (standard and heat pump). Compatible systems include:
- Standard Gas/Electric HVAC: 2-stage heating, 2-stage cooling
- Heat Pump HVAC: 3-stage heating, 2-stage cooling
GoControl Thermostat product family works in unison with other Z-Wave wireless controllers and products as part of an integrated smart home.