Secure your home with a smart lock by installing the Kwikset SmartCode 914 Series Z-Wave Deadbolt. This deadbolt features an 11-button backlit keypad for coded entry, as well as Z-Wave technology to communicate with other Z-Wave devices in your home. When you arrive home, punch in your code to unlock the door and automatically set up your home just the way you like it. Z-Wave also supports remote control, so you can lock/unlock your door from anywhere in the world!
914 Series Features and Improvements:
- Approximately 40% reduction in size on interior portion
- Sleek Exterior design
- BHMA Grade 2 Certified
- Single piece exterior design
- All Metal Interior Escutcheon
- Tamper Resistant Interior Cover
- Programming Master Code Option
- 20 minute fire rating – UL Certified
- New class leading interior size – Best in Class
- 10 Digit Backlit Keypad Plus Dedicated Lock Button
- Available Colors: Polished Brass, Satin Nickel, Venetian Bronze
“By continuously listening to our consumers’ residential style preferences, we are able to deliver market-leading electronic locks that provide all of the industry leading access control, security and convenience features, while delivering the aesthetics that today’s homeowners demand,” states Keith Brandon, director of residential access solutions for Kwikset. Brandon was quoted by CE Pro after winning the Manufacturers’ Excellence Award at CEDIA a few months back.
914 Series Features
The wireless 914 Series Z-Wave Deadbolt supports up to 30 different user access codes, allowing family, friends, and temporary guests to enter their own codes and benefit from personalized Z-Wave settings (if connected to a Z-Wave network). Codes are easily created and deleted, so you can give temporary access to housesitters, maintenance workers, etc. New to the 914 Series is the MasterCode option, which allows you to give one user complete control over the system and prevent other users from adding or deleting codes.
The deadbolt operates on a one-touch motorized locking mechanism to enable remote locking and unlocking. Use a Z-Wave controller or a smartphone app to lock/unlock your door from anywhere.
A backup keyway allows you to lock/unlock the door manually with a turnkey, the same way you would use a key with a traditional deadbolt. To protect against lock bumping (type of lock picking), the 914 Series deadbolt features BumpGuard, a patented side locking bar that replaces the traditional pin and tumbler locking mechanism.
Additionally, the 914 deadbolt’s new tapered design offers enhanced compatibility with misaligned doors. Even if your door is a little off kilter, you will be able to lock the deadbolt without having to pull and push the door repeatedly to shut it.
Smart Code Electronic Locks
With your own personal code, you can enter your home with just a few simple pushes of a button and lock it with just one. You also get more control over who has access to your home. Just assign a temporary code and delete it when you see fit. Now you can totally eliminate the need for keys. SmartCode is easy to install, program and use and operates on 4 AA batteries.
Home Connect Technology
Kwikset’s Home Connect Technology allows your front door lock to talk to other things in your house, such as the security system, lighting, thermostat and entertainment system – all through wireless Z-Wave.
A new, smarter way to connect to your home:
- Lock or unlock doors with a mobile device or secure Internet connection
- Check lock status remotely
- Receive notification and/or video of who enters your home
- Remotely add or delete access codes
Integrate with security systems:
- Lock doors when system is armed
- Disarm Security System when door is unlocked
- Communicate door lock status
Integrate with home control systems:
- Lock doors with handheld remote, touch screen or smart phone
- Customize lighting scenes upon unlocking the main entry door or garage entry door
- Ability to limit access for users to specific times and/or days of the week
- Ability to provide temporary access to friends and house sitters